Tuesday 26 May 2009

I scream, you scream...

...we all scream for ice cream!  There is something wonderful about being the first one to open a new container of ice cream.  Like a fresh snow fall, little ice cream mountains and valleys call to me.  I feel it is my rite of passage as the shopper and mother of the house to steal the first taste of ice cream from a newly bought bucket of ice cream.


Once it has travelled all the way from the shopping centre it loosens up a little and slowly starts to melt around the edges.  To me that is my reward for "battling it out" at the shops.....pushing a trolley around the supermarket along with my 3 year old, trying to remember what I "really needed" to buy, answering a 3 year olds questions, getting distracted by the chocolate aisle, having your very helpful 3 year old unloading the trolley at the checkout for you, trying to remember if there is enough money in the bank to pay for this trolley load, transferring the bags from trolley to car and the final leg of lugging the shopping bags from the car to the kitchen.  Once home it's time to dive into those snowy mountains of ice cream.
  

I always share with my little shopping companion, it's his rite of passage too.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Lisha Just reading through your early posts & the Crepe Mrytle one said you grew up in kenmore WOW guess what I went to Kenmore South state school did you??

Carli said...

You've made something I don't really like sound so scrumptious. Thank you for helping me understand my husband's affair with ice cream!

Debbie said...

oh my heart!!! that is my favorite thing to do too... i love ice cream...i can not live without it!!! Is that nougat? when i lived in Denmark, i was introduced to nougat ice cream...kind of like prailines and cream but better...i have to have ice cream multiple times a week!!!

Debbie said...

btw the lasagna looks delish and all your photos are beautiful!!!!