Thursday 7 May 2009

What's a girl to do?

The kids are at swimming lessons and the husband has taken them, the house is quiet, what's a girl to do?  Well here I am looking through the holiday photo's and there are still so many I want to post about.  I think it relaxes me, it calms me and settles my tired head.  


After our visit with my friend Toni, we headed out to Laidley to "the shed".  It is such a peaceful place, the air is cleaner, the sky goes on forever and the stars, so much brighter.  I just love the sunsets out there.


We froze half of Ethan's birthday cake from his party and saved it for his actual Birth day and blew out the candles once again for afternoon tea out at Laidley.


The boys were happy to have a little freedom and to ride the mini bike around the paddock, zip along on the go cart once again and dig in the sand pile.




My cousin Joanna came over from Esk with her boys to visit for an afternoon and our neighbour loved having some big boys to play with every day. 




We've come across a few horse friends these holidays and this year at Laidley this fellow came visiting to the back fence.  He enjoyed a carrot or two and a little chat and I in turn enjoyed his horsey smell, it brings back good memories.  Although he did wonder a little at the camera pointed in his face.



An uncles visit, a camp fire and toasted marshmellows.


Aaaahh! Holiday over, dinner to make!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hat a magical place - how lucky you are to go there. Is it a farmstay or a friend's place?? I love that first picture so much - it would be raved about on Flickr :)Love Carli

Lisha said...

Thank you Carli, it is a bit of land my husband's parents have in Queensland. We like to spend a bit of time there in the holidays when we can.