Friday 9 November 2012

A Photo a Day: Week 42

October 15

Toby and Ethan made a slingshot out of toilet rolls.  The motivation:  Link, from the Legend of Zelda uses one.

October 16

The hot weather has been hitting us and so I hit back with smoothies for afternoon tea.

October 17

My calling at church is the secretary in the Young Women's.  Every Wednesday night we meet at the chapel and participate in activities, whether it's cooking, craft, service in someone's garden or learning a little bit about photography.  For our Young Women in Excellence evening the Young Women have been taking photo's and relating it to an inspirational scripture.  I had a few examples to show them as well as a few pointers about taking photo's.  Here was one of my examples below.

"And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!"  Alma 36:20

There was a bit of tongue in cheek with that photo and scripture, but it does explain the joy and the pain (or the possibility of pain after jumping).

October 18

Sam's MAG3 kidney scan to see how much of his kidney is draining, for more details see here and here.  The photo below is of Sam receiving the injection of the radiopharmaceutical MAG3 before the first lot of scans.  Sadly he's going to need a lot more injections and poking and prodding in the future before and after his kidney surgery.



October 19

I was so impressed with myself.  I've had a taste for Gozleme lately and decided that I could make them myself.  So I did.  I made the dough, filled it with feta and silver beet and fried it on a big pan.


Gozleme recipe can be found here.  I put all the dough ingredients into the breadmaker and set it on dough, so it was kneading and rising while I could do other things. I'd recommend rolling the dough as thin as you can without it breaking and have a couple of packets of feta instead of only one, it needs the moisture and flavour of the cheese and spinach (silver beet) for it to taste great.  Make sure you have some fresh lemon to squeeze over it to serve.  They were delicious and my boys were most excited and impressed that I had made them.




1 comment:

Kathy Reeves said...

You lead such a full and happy life Lisha.