Friday 23 May 2008

Thursday

It was like a public holiday on Thursday with the boys home from school due to the teachers all day Industrial Strike.  So we decided to do some fun things.



We went to the egg farm to pick up 570 eggs, 19 trays of 30 eggs, I sooo hope I don't have a crash on the way to church on Sunday as these eggs are for friends at church.



While at the egg farm, the farmer said we could pick as many mandarins from the trees as we would like.  One of the trees had been chopped down due to it rotting, but the branches still had hundreds of mandarins, so the boys and I had fun picking them.  


Very juicy and tart, but still edible, I'll just have to do some searching for mandarin recipes now.  We always come away with something extra from the egg man, last time it was a huge bag of tomatoes.


After seeing some new chicks, dead rats and dead rooster, hopping on the tractor and picking mandarins, we got our eggs and drove to Berowra Waters.



At Berowra Waters we watched the boats come in, chatted to a man while he was fishing and then we enjoyed some fish and chips and fed the ducks.
 
 


It was a very peaceful day, the boys even wanted to stay longer to have a look at some of the luxury boats for sale and to search for sting rays, as I'd seen one last week with my mum & Toby.



Then it was home for some Nintendo.

4 comments:

Mari said...

I can only imagine the mess 570 broken eggs would make in your car.... What a great outing, I love it at Berowra Waters!

Stacy said...

You weren't kidding there are heaps of mandarins! They were yummy too thanks!

Sounds like a fun day - haven't been to Berowra Waters (not even sure where it is). We will have to add that to the list!

Carli said...

We love it there too. Good old Berowra is where I do my groceries - a completely deserted Coles my children can run wild with no shoes the whole time and no one cares :)

Suzi said...

Thanks for doing the eggy run! How long has it been? A good few months I think. Any offers from anyone else to do it for a while?

.. i think I know the answer :o/