Sunday 22 May 2011

Homely Joys


I find little joys around the house each day.   Some days I can't see them for my preoccupied mind and the dimness that occurs within these walls, but when the light shines in and I can see out again, my goodness, how bright it shines!   I can see love, sweetness and light.   Toby reading with Grandma each day and being amazed at how quickly and how easily he is recognizing words.    




The leaves in the garden constantly changing with the movement of the sun.




Understanding Amelia's need to chew as her baby teeth fall out, making room for the new adult teeth.  I wonder if the tooth fairy will visit her, so far she has lost three teeth that I know of.


Finding a little time to pick up my crochet hook again for the first time this year.  It's kind of a good feeling as my fingers haven't forgotten what to do, although trying to keep the wool away from Amelia's chewy teeth takes another skill altogether.



1 comment:

Peet Fulcher said...

This is Kim - blogger won't sign Peet out.

Love the photos of Toby & Jan - very happy days - nice wool colour too - looking forward to seeing the finished product.
xxx