Friday 19 October 2012

Reposting in memory of my Dad

I have noticed something missing in my life.   Even though I have three boys of my own and am married, I still miss not having a father here on earth.  Someone my boys can have a relationship with, to learn from and have conversations with about favourite subjects like war, battles, cricket, football and even fishing.  It is sad that Sam and Ethan don't remember their Grandpa much as they were so young when he died and that Toby didn't have the opportunity to meet him here in this life.  I think my dad would have seen a lot of me in my boys and something different as well, seeing as he had two daughters and no sons.  It's been 8 years since my dad passed away and it would be his 75th birthday today so I am re-posting 19.10.10 a celebration of my dad.  God be with you until we meet again......

 
I love the old photo's of my parents and their families.  I love to see where I and my children have come from, it helps me to see where we are going.

In celebration and in memory:

Kenneth William Hammond
October 19 1937 - October 11 2004


26/8/1939
Ken 1 year and 10 months
Maryborough, Qld.


 4/11/1942
Ken 5 years
Mel 10 months
Bundaberg, Qld.


Approx 1945
Ken as a Scout
Toowong, Qld.


December 1947
Jess, Jim, Ken, Mel and Desley
Aunty Bon's wedding
Albert St, Brisbane


29/6/1950
Ken 13 years
Lone Pine, Brisbane, Qld.


1/4/1961
Jan and Ken's Engagement (the day after)
Brisbane, Qld.


1976 approximately 
Our new boat
Wynnum Manly, Qld.


Christmas day 1977
Ken, Gabby, Lisha (& Snoopy) and Jan
Kenmore, Qld.


20/9/2004
Ken, Desley and Mel
brothers and sister
Mt Cotton, Qld

4 comments:

Tania said...

What beautiful photos you have of your Dad and family Lisha. You are so lucky to have these memories to keep...Bet you do miss him like crazy :(

My Dad is still in the land of the living but unfortunately there are not many photos of him as a youngster. My dad has a knee replacement done on Wednesday, and hoping it all goes well for him, he is 76.

Dad's are so special to their little girls, I know mine is :)

Sorry I missed this post, I haven't been on the computer all that much lately...

x

Lisha said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts Tania, I hope your dad's knee surgery goes well.

Carli said...

I can see your boys in your Dad (especially the scout photo). And look at you all on your boat, beautiful family photos.

sevencherubs said...

Adore these pictures. I love looking at older black and white images. These ones are excellent because the people are actually smiling - so many from way back then are serious. Love it! N x