Saturday 19 January 2008

The Movies

It has been raining for the past 3 days so we decided to get out of the house and go to the movies. Donald really wanted to see Enchanted, but the boys weren’t interested so we split up at Macquarie Centre. Sam, Ethan and I went to see the Waterhorse. The Legend of the Loch Ness Monster. I wanted to see it after reading Kim’s recommendation on her blog.


We went to buy the movie tickets and the gentleman selling the tickets warned me that it would have some scary parts in it, like when the army started shooting at the waterhorse. So the boys and I debated whether we could handle it, and decided that we could. The gentleman also kindly told us that if we had to leave within 30 mins we would get a refund on our tickets, he was worried as some other mum had come out of the movie with a screaming child. I had my doubts, particularly as we had seen the “Barnyard” animation movie a few years ago. During that movie I had to take Ethan out because there was an increadibly long death scene of a cow (all in animation) and it freaked him out (me too!).

Anyway I think I was a little more anxious about the movie than the boys were, for fear of bursting into tears myself should the poor wee Nessie be harmed in any way.

The movie was beautiful, scenery spectacular and the Water horse amazing. During one emotional part of the movie Sam asked me a question and I had to answer him in my squeeky, tear stained voice, to which Sam asked me if I was “happy sad”. (“Happy sad” is when we are joyfully sad, or sad but laughing or really sad and putting on a brave face). Half way through Ethan got a little bored and started to ask when the movie was finishing but his interest returned as the story started getting exciting! At the end of it all Sam told me he felt happy sad too! It melts my heart to hear him say that, particularly when you have all of these feelings welling up inside you at the end of a feel good movie.

Meanwhile Donald & Toby had gone wondering around the shopping centre together and at the end of their time we found them both, looking rather proud of Toby’s new shoes. Donald had found them on sale in Big W for $10. They were black Batman shoes with flashing lights on them, although one of the shoes didn’t work, so he had one shoe with lights on.......hence the $10 price tag.....they don't flash anymore, one just glows and keeps on glowing! Spooky!

4 comments:

Roger said...

Also - keep forgetting to mention that the kids love your 'earthwalkers' theme - and think you very clever to name your children so that they fit the star wars thing so well.

Roger said...

Glad you liked the movie - I am in love with the kids rooms - though no one else in my family seems to have noticed the decor at all!

Did Donald like Enchanted - we thought it was a bit lame - but it may look different to an animators eye.

Lisha said...

Donald didn't actually go to see Enchanted yet, he went shopping instead. As for the Star Wars names we've had them for a couple of years and the idea came to me to make the blog like that back in November. I just thought it'd be a bit of fun to get us started on the blog :+]

Mari said...

Welcome to Blogland! I loooooove your blog intro and so do the boys (Star Wars obsessed)