Friday 25 April 2008

504

We've been to Queensland and back and I have taken 504 photos................... where do I start?  

The road trip up to Ormiston was very colourful with the Autumn leaves changing as you pass through the towns.  The most beautiful town in daylight was Uralla with their spectacular shades of reds, oranges and yellows.  I was so excited I just started snapping photos as I was driving through the town, I did stop to take some as well.  The red and orange colours were just brilliant.







We had a few pit stops along the way and more photo opportunities.  I find that my holiday adventure only begins when I get on to the New England Highway.  Not much traffic, fantastic scenery and fresh air, unless of course you're behind a stinky truck, diesal ute.....etc, etc.

We usually stop at Scone at a park for the boys to run around and play.  This time we only needed a quick pit stop as Toby was asleep.  So I asked the boys to go for a run to use up their energy and Sam began to run circles around all of the trees, it was kind of fun to watch and then Ethan joined in.




Another beautiful stop was at Wallabadah along the creek.  As Sam and Ethan explored the creek, yep one of them got pushed in, only ankle deep though.












The photo below was taken about 5 minutes from Uralla, a stark contrast to the wonderful colours of the trees around the town.  It still has it's magnificent sun bleached colours that I love to see in my travels.  At Christmas time these fields were full of grass and wild flowers.



2 comments:

Mari said...

Happy to see you back again.. can't wait to see more of the 504 photos!.... I love New England with the colours of the trees turning.

Stacy said...

504 pictures!? You are amazing. You need to start scrapbooking to put these memories down on paper.

Your lightening strike picture is really good. I have never been able to capture lightening and have always wanted too.

Looks like you had a fantastic time! You are braver than me - don't think I would have driven it alone.