Sunday 27 July 2008

Soul sister


I have just had a lovely weekend with my friend Christine, who comes down from Brisbane to visit me every year or so.  Wherever we are in the world we manage to see each other, London, Vancouver, Melbourne, Sydney.  Christine diligently makes the effort to come and visit me, I'm a little slack in that department. We met in high school but became really good friends when my parents moved around the corner from her parents about a year and a half after I left high school.  I don't know what it was but we really clicked and after a few years considered ourselves soul sisters.  She is a tall leggy blonde who doesn't realise how hot she is.  No matter how long it's been since we've seen each other we still manage to pick up where we left off and have a good laugh.  We went to see "Mamma Mia" the movie and loved it.  So now I think we are both dusting off the old Abba CD's to listen to them again and remember good times.  Thanks Christine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm a virgin-blog-commenter, so be gentle with me. I don't even know how to "choose an identity" so will remain anonymous to everyone but you.
Soul Sister,
I have just stopped to catch my breath, and catch up with your blog. I am very touched by what you wrote (and embarrassed about the "hot" bit!). I will continue to track you down because I so very much enjoy spending time with you; email and the phone don't even come close. Seeing you reminds me about so much of my twenties, even the stuff I think I'd rather forget! I will always know you, and you are most welcome. Cx