Thursday 12 June 2008

Lemon Meringue Pie


Never before have I attempted a lemon meringue pie, but I was inspired by Debbie's snowball pie a little while ago and have been wanting to try her recipe. 

The pie was a success and we ate it warm from the oven on Monday night.  Part of the success was that the boys didn't like it very much........which meant more for Donald & I.  Sam screwed his face up when he tucked into the lemony bit and wasn't so sure after that. 


It even tasted better the next day cold, in fact I think I preferred it cold and on an empty stomache.


I pretty much followed Debbie's recipe, but used only 1/2 cup of lemon juice and I only had 5 eggs left in the fridge, just enough to make the pie, so my meringue wasn't as high as I'd hoped but it was still plenty to cover the pie anyway.  I did want to make it a snowball pie, maybe next time.

2 comments:

Carli said...

YUM, lemon meringue pies are great (and your peaks to perfection Lisha!)

sirpa said...

Mmmm....looks so yummy that I have to try that one too! Thank's for link to the recipe and thank's for the recipe, Debbie!