Saturday 12 November 2011

The good...the good...and the not so good


It has been one of those weeks, fortunately the good is outweighing the not so good at the moment.


The Good:

* a clean dining table with my favourite roses that smell so divine and light up my heart
* a vacuumed lounge that smells like geraniums and fresh roses


* the house is quiet with only two boys and two girls
* the older two boys are off searching for motorbike parts
* Donald is securing some more permanent work for the next 7 months
* my sister is now living and working in Sydney only half an hour away
* wonderful news for Ethan being voted student of the month at his school for the month of October
* Toby won a place in the Grand Final of the Kindergarten oratory competition and spoke so beautifully


* skyping with McKenzie and her beau
* a visit from Trouble the cat from next door



The Not So Good:

* spending over 2 hours last Friday driving home snail pace from the city while the Harbour Bridge was closed due to an accident
* having a migraine for 3 days
* Sam and I splashing the laptop with a cup of water (accidentally of course) and the screen flickered then died with a very sad beep
* getting the time wrong time on Sam's indoor soccer game and missing the game altogether. . . and I'm the coach :+/
* Amelia going ballistic because Trouble the cat visited (hence Trouble doesn't visit us often anymore)



~ ~ ~

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow! what can I say "always look on the bright side of life" Have your migraines improved at all since your op??
I'm flying into Sydney in the morning Work! but I am staying a few days as I'm taking a friend that's never been so I'm doing the touristy thing after with her.Great fun I have to get from the airport to Equitana @ Olympic Park with all my stuff.

Tania said...

I think the good things outweigh the bad, other than your headache of course, hope it is coming better for you now.

Sounds like Amelia has that cat all sorted...