Tuesday 7 October 2008

My bedroom window

Yesterday was a dull day cloudy and rainy and I had big plans for cleaning the house and doing lots of stuff around the house.  I didn't get much done in fact I can't remember anything significant I did yesterday apart from sorting my mountain of clean laundry.   It always amazes me after a few days of cloud and rain that when the sun comes out we feel so much lighter and brighter.  Little do we know that the weather affects our moods in many ways until the clouds pass and the sun shines.  Today this is what I saw when I woke up this morning......


a sea of pink with sunshine....


lots of sunshine...


Oh it's a beautiful day today I think I might get some things crossed off my to do list. I think I'll have to seeing as my mum is coming tomorrow for a couple of weeks, got to clean the house and get organised so we have lots of time to do some fun things when she's here.  

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow, so beautiful! Someday I will get to Australia. I was an exchange student in Denmark and two of my good friends there were from Australia (Cass and Andi, I wonder where they are?)

Hel said...

It's so refreshing to see that someone else has the same mountain of laundry that I get every week. I too feel the same way about sunshine - there's something magical about it that helps me do twice as much in a day.

Carli said...

Lisha, that view is majestic!! Is Donald still away??

Hello Debbie - I was an exchange student in Denmark too!

Lisha said...

Carli, Donald is heading back hopefully Thurs, and he's bringing back his dad & brothers too.

Roger said...

What a great yard you have - so many flowers. Hope Donald hd a good time - Alec and Lee certainly loved their part of the trip.

sirpa said...

It's true about the sunhine! Maybe that's why I felt much happier in Oz than in Finland :-)