Saturday 28 March 2009

Feisty Redhead

I have a friend who I haven't seen in a long time.  We met in 1987 when I was working in Goondiwindi as a nanny on a cotton farm.  She took me in to town to meet the local young crowd.  She took me to my first B&S (Bachelor & Spinsters) Ball at Bollon.  She introduced me to Queen and have loved their music ever since. I didn't feel so isolated when I knew she was only across the river from me.  Where ever I was in the world, Julia Creek,  London, New York, Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne I would always get a letter from her.  No matter what was going on in her life I would get a letter from her.  I'm not as good at keeping up with cards and letters as she is, but there are more phone calls happening now than letters.  My feisty redhead friend from Western Australia is Debbie, and it's her birthday today.  


She's feisty alright but she has a heart full of love for her family and friends.  I'm a bit slack on getting a card to you so I'm sending you my love the quickest way I know how, as I know you'll pop into my blog for a catch up.  Sorry about the old photo, I was trying to dig up a more recent one and do you think I could find my packet of Debbie photos?? I think this is a lovely photo anyway.


Happy Birthday Beautiful girl, I hope it's a fun one.

Lots of Love 

your long distance pen pal

Lisha

xx

No comments: