Friday 13 March 2009

Grateful


There are days that go by and you are rushing through it to get to the end of the day.  You are hurrying the kids along, hurry up and finish your breakfast, hurry up and get dressed, hurry up we're going to be late for school.  You want that peace that comes with having survived another day.  You kind of forget that each and every child has their own agenda that they're trying to get through.  I just want to play, I was in the middle of  a good chapter of this book, I just want to escape from homework and play with the magnets in a battle, I'm singing on the toilet...... can I play nintendo?  We forget because we're just too busy trying to do the right things for our kids and get them where they need to go or feed them so they will grow.  I love the moments they are together and interacting as little people do, in the bath, at the table, on the floor or reading books together on the bed.  It's moments like these you just don't want to rush, savour them and be grateful.

1 comment: