Thursday 18 March 2010

The front porch

I sit, I sniffle, I watch the clouds drift by.  I hear the gentle whistle of the rainbow lorikeets as they drink the nectar from  the delicate, pink camelia flowers.


I snuffle a little more and crochet a few more rounds.


Toby has persuaded me to make him a warm hat, he loves them so.  He chose the wool, the most colourful wool and now I crochet him a wonky hat.


The slow cooker is full of minestrone cooking for me, the bread maker is baking for me. I sit, I sniffle with my cold and tired head, I doze off....

I am awakened by the constant buzzing on and off, on and off of a whipper snipper a few doors down.  It goes on and on disturbing my beautiful but brief slumber.  I wish it would stop...



It has stopped at last and I hear the birds once again and smell a waft of baking bread and a hint of minestrone.

I do love my front porch.


2 comments:

Roger said...

Great choice for hat colours Toby - love your colours too Lisha - Grandma Walker taught me to crochet - she was a master - and I think you should put the recipe for crockpot minestrone on Lisha Cooks. I plan tom ake your cheesy bread sticks to take to the park tomorrow.
xx

Lisha said...

We've got one of Grandma Walker's fantastic zig zag Afghan's that she crochet for us, I am determined to crochet one, one day.

As for the minestrone, will try to put the recipe up, enthusiasm for cooking has dwindled a lot lately, but the minestrone was a great idea. It sat there bubbling away all day.