Friday 6 February 2009

Keeping cool

One of the ways we have survived summer this year, and it's been a loooong hot summer, is by having lots of smoothies.  I love old bananas cause they go straight into the freezer ready to be blended into a smoothie.  I bought a heap of cheap strawberries last week on my trip to the egg farm.  I love the fruit and vegie stalls along the way and I love buying local produce.  The strawberries were so plump and juicy but bruised easily.  So we ate lots really quickly and I cleaned the rest of them...


....and froze them


...and then blended them with some frozen bananas, ice cubes and some apple pear juice and drank them.


Toby is really my smoothie inspiration, he'll start the morning off by saying "You know Mummy I'm thinking of smoothies" and that will be it and I start planning what type of smoothies we'll be having.  Banana smoothies...
 


or berry smoothies  




Oh how I love my smoothies this year. 

6 comments:

Debbie said...

we love smoothies too with chocolate, PB, and bananas...add a little broccoli and carrots, flax seed meal and they will never know...(a little) :)

Carli said...

YUM! They look so refreshing. There is bushfire smoke so thick here that I've had to close all the windows and I know it's going to be one sweltering night all closed up.

Caroline said...

We love smoothies & I find they are very good when teenage girls will not eat breakfast. Thank God you will never have that problem. Girls what to do, what to do!! Such a worry.
Toby looks so cute. Last one off to school hey! Are you a dancing on the tables Mum or a sobbing in the tissues Mum??
Must admit even to this day I am still a bit of each.
Hope you & your beautiful family have a good weekend.
Caroline

Tobias Schwarz said...

I vote for Mango !

Debbie said...

i hope you are no where near those fires... r u ok?

Unknown said...

I love adding plain yogurt to my smoothies. What part of Aussie are you in?