Tuesday 23 September 2008

39

Breakfast in bed, hugs, kisses, cards, chocolates, parcels, shopping, phone calls then pizza and cake.  It just about sums up my day today although there were a few tears too, just feeling the love.




 I made my birthday cake this year, my favourite raspberry, malteser ice cream cake.  


*Crush your favourite biscuits, scotch finger biscuits, mix with a little melted butter and spread over base of cheese cake pan. 
*Soften 2 litres of your favourite vanilla ice cream, Streets Blue Ribbon for me. 
*Crush a big bag of Maltesers and fold into ice cream
*Add a handful or more of frozen raspberries, crumble into ice cream and gently fold in together. 
*Spread over biscuit base and freeze a few hours.
Enjoy, or use your own favourite fruits and crumbled goodies, I've done the same with blue berries too.

6 comments:

Mari said...

mmmmmmmmmm that looks delicious!!!

Carli said...

YUM!!! Have I had this before?? I think I have - maybe Toni has made one for me.

Lisha said...

Carli, I think I found it on Toni's blog last year some time (she has some great recipes) and have been making it for special occasions ever since, I just love it.

Suzi said...

I hope you had an amazing birthday!

This Girl loves to Talk said...

ohh looks yum.. I buy so many food ideas mags, I think I have a recipe like that bookmarked to try for years but havent done it yet.... saw your link on nienie...

Carli said...

I don't think I've had it for a long time. We'll have to get together for lunch :)
Last night in the middle of the night I thought I still hadn't told you how I really gleaned from the sweet spirit of your talk two weeks ago. As I always love your talks... Ferdi should ask you at least semi-annually :)