Wednesday 17 September 2008

Our Marriage is a teenager


It's been 13 years since we had our lovely garden wedding in Queensland.  It was a simple garden wedding, just what I had always wanted.  My Dad walked me down the aisle to the wedding march played by Donald's brother Lindsay on the trumpet.  To where Donald was waiting most patiently and calmly with his three brothers by his side.  It was peaceful, serene and a little breezy, so I don't know if anybody actually heard our wedding vows as they were whisked off in the wind.  It was one of those days where everything went how we wanted it. A very relaxed atmosphere, set in the garden of an equestrian center I once had riding lessons at for my 14th birthday.  Everyone had a fun night with lots of dancing and fun speeches, even one by Donald's younger brother Campbell, who was 11 at the time.  All of the rellies and friends were there to celebrate the day with us.  I had my three girls by my side, Gabby, Christine and Toni, as well as my tearful mum.  


My face ached by the end of the night from smiling so much.  Our getaway car had been accosted and strewn with crepe paper, shaving creme and blown up balloons (that weren't really balloons, if you get my drift, wink, wink).  Donald's dad had a hard time keeping Campbell away from those "balloons".  Confetti had been sprinkled, by the handful in our overnight bags as well as all through the car.  For days I'd be finding confetti in my clothes and toiletry bags, in the car air vents etc.  What a laugh.  


We finally rattled down the road (cans dragging behind us) and made it to the Radison on the Brisbane River, with many looks of ooohs and aaaahs at the bride, and pointing and laughing at the car.  It's been fun remembering our first day as husband and wife and I'm glad I found the right one to be with forever and all eternity.  Donald's still the best kisser. xxx



6 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh, you two are so sweet. I still get a kick out of Donald's long hair!!!

Suzi said...

Nice to see someone else had a long haired hubby on their wedding day!

sirpa said...

I love the last pic! You look so relaxed!

Mari said...

aaaaaaw - you guys look so cute!!!
or..... should I say you look beautiful and the groom handsome!
The car was a hoot!

Happy Anniversary you two!!

Roger said...

The kids saw the photos and were shocked that Donald had long hair - I had to tell them that he looked like Beethoven - in a good way. That was a gorgeous day.

Carli said...

CONGRATS! look at the car!