Tuesday 16 September 2008

An orange sky

Summer came with a bang on Saturday, hot, hot, hot.  I'm not ready for summer yet as Spring had only just started two weeks ago, I like to keep cool and enjoy the sweet smells of spring.  We spent the hot day gardening, weeding and mowing.  Sunday was still warm and late afternoon brought in a storm.  I looked out the window and everything was orange.  


So I went out with the camera and investigated.  I was supposed to be getting dinner....... the clouds were calling me.........dinner would have to wait.


Everything was orange, the back fence, the trees and the water on our driveway was reflecting the light from the clouds.  So I watched the colours unfold as the storm clouds passed.  The clouds rolled and rolled from orange to pinky orange to purple. 
 




Then as the colour left the sky I watched as the dark clouds slowly revealed the full moon. I'm afraid the photo doesn't do the moon justice. 


 It was so peaceful and the colours just magnificent, one of those moments that put a joyful smile on your face.  Then it was back into the crazy house to make dinner..........it was a late dinner.

No comments: