Friday 5 September 2008

In my garden

We had a little visitor on Tuesday.  Rylee came to play while her mum Stacy went to help out at pre-school.  Toby and Rylee had fun in the front garden, Rylee pointing to the aeroplanes flying by and Toby just playing on his little ride on car that he's too big for now.


It was such a beautiful warm sunny day so I took some more photos of our lovely spring flowers.  These red Gazanias are just amazing they are so bright and colourful, it's kind of hard to focus on as the colour is so dazzling.  


The Gazanias are the biggest ones I've seen in our garden since we moved here.  I've been mulching and composting getting the garden ready to plant pumpkins, so I think they have been benefiting from the extra attention.


So have these little purple daisies.  I'm not sure of their real name but purple daisies is just what they look like.  



And these friendly little violets that pop up in every shady patch throughout the garden are just so delicate.  The purple flowers and green leaves reminds me of a dress I once made out of some material with the same colours.  


Yep I just dug up the picture of the dress with me in it. Christmas day 1991 at Redland Bay my cousin Lainie and I and my dog Tom. I really liked the colours of the dress and went well with tanned skin.  I cut the pattern off another dress that I had that I really liked. I can't say you'd catch me sewing a dress now, I think there would be too much material involved and too much body to cover.  Aaah flowers and memories.


1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh, cute picture of Toby and Rylee - thanks again for watching her. You are the best!!

I love all your flower shots. I could make art work with some of those. Wouldn't that be a cool thing to cover the walls with?