Sunday 9 November 2008

Family and the Theatre

Melbourne cup day saw a relaxing day at home, for John this was very unusual, seeing as he lives for this day every year.  However he decided that it was going to be too cold to actually go and watch the race, so the races were on the tv all day.  


John's daughter Jennie and her daughter Katie, as well as John's youngest daughter Jessica and her little baby Harry came to visit and catch up.  


Jessica is such a lovely happy mum and Harry is just delicious.




So I had my girly fix and my baby fix.  For once there were more girls in the house than boys.


The following day....more walks, more roses and houses, still no smiles or greetings.....well actually I got two this time and the weather was getting a little warmer.  Then an afternoon at the Regent Theatre with Desley, seven rows from the front underneath the big dragon with red eyes and smoke steaming nostrils to see "Wicked" the untold story of the witches of Oz. 

Desley and I off to the theatre.


A wonderful colourful production, magnificent voices, dancing and Australian talent.  Millsy and Anthony Callea  (both from Australian Idol) were some of the cast, they received the most cheers at the end, but Desley and I gave our standing ovation to the two lead females who were absolutely magical.  It was full of fun and wit and I even cried in the end.  I wish I could do this more often, not necessarily the crying bit.  The day was finished off with dinner at the Kooyong tennis club with a friend of Desley and John's.

No comments: