Sunday 16 November 2008

Hand me downs

Our family have been grateful recipients of hand me downs, pass alongs and second hand stuff.  I love it!  Friends, neighbours and rellies have bestowed upon us wonderous items of usefulness.  Lounge chairs, tables, beds, book shelves, kitchen items, clothes and many more.  It's no wonder our house is full of clutter, because I won't turn anything away especially if it's in good condition and it's useful.  Basically I'm a hoarder, particularly of sentimental things.

On my recent trip to Melbourne I scored some lovely things from Desley's cupboard.  A frilly blouse which makes me feel so pretty,


A textured skirt that I love to wear with my brown shoes,


and a funky retro sheet for our bed which goes so well with the 100% cotton white sheets I inherited from my Grandmother, they both work well in our green room.


I also got a very colourful dress which John hated on Desley, I'm not so sure Donald likes it either, but I'll figure a way to wear it...I'm determined to as it's a colourful Indian fabric with beading.


I love it when Desley comes to visit us she often brings something that she doesn't  wear any more or need.  Desley and John are coming to Sydney this week, although I think I've already taken my share.

3 comments:

Mari said...

I loved that blouse on you today! it does look very summery and pretty.

(I was going to tell you, but got side-tracked looking for my vanishing son...)

Debbie said...

I love hand me downs!!! I am catching up with your blog. I love all your pictures. You are a great photographer!!!

Suzi said...

That was the blouse you wore on Sunday right? It suits you so well, you looked really lovely.