Monday 3 November 2008

Up up and away

I'm off to Melbourne today to stay with my Aunty Desley for a few days rest and relaxation.  If I've got time I might write a post or two, that is if Desley lets me on the computer.  I have been excited about going back to Melbourne, it's been nearly 9 years since we were last there just after Sam was born.  Donald and I lived there for 2 and a bit years when we got married, before moving to Canada.  I'm actually going without children and husband for 4 nights, and have been a little apprehensive and liable to burst into tears at the thought of being away from my boys.  When I booked my flight I burst into tears thinking, what am I going to do without my children around me, my heart feels like it's breaking, I can't leave my babies.  I've only ever been away from them for 2 nights before, I know they'll survive, so I think of Desley and I know I'm going to have fun. 
 

If it starts raining over Sydney around 1 pm you know that's me blubbering on my flight out of here.  Catch you later.  

8 comments:

Suzi said...

Trust me, you'll leave the airport wondering why you feel weird, then you'll throw your arms in the air yelling, "woohoo!" and go shopping, eat in cafes browse through book shops - all without being rushed or interrupted. Aaaahh!

Debbie said...

It will be so fun though! I know how you feel. I have left my big kids with friends before, but last night was the first night I left my babies with a friend. IT WAS SO HARD!!! But it was nice sleeping all through the night for once.

Debbie said...

Oh, BTW, Halloween looked like fun at your house!!!

Mari said...

Have a wonderful time Lisha!

sirpa said...

I know how you feel, Lisha! You do need some time off every now and then, but then being away from them breaks your heart and you'll think of them every minute!

Deb said...

have a great time, lisha!!!

Carli said...

Are you back now??? Hope you had a really wonderful stay with your Aunt (and spoiled yourself with some FREE time!).

Deso said...

Well, as for me, the time was too short. I need MY family fix instead of trying to fix others!! Hopefully this will be the start of other adventures in Melbourne.