Saturday 8 March 2008

Blog travels

It's been a busy but uneventful week.  Donald & I managed to go out on a date for dinner, the first one this year.  We took the motorbikes and it was very refreshing having a ride at night, it was a warm night on Thursday so riding the bikes  cooled us down a little.  We didn't think it was going to happen as my bike had a flat battery, but Donald managed to get a new one and charge it up before we left.  

I've been unwell for the past 3 weeks with sinus troubles and a pinched nerve in my neck.  The pinched nerve seems to have settled with 2 visits to the Chiropractor, I've just got to stop carrying Toby which is what causes it.  Anyway after coughing up my lungs this week I finally went to the doctor and am on antibiotics for a sinus infection.  Nothing new, The same thing happens this time every year.  Donald now believes i've been unwell and has given me a little rest time in the last day or so.  I've been able to finish the His Dark Materials trilogy (Golden Compass) and spent a little time blogging, that is looking at other peoples blogs.  It's quite inspiring seeing things other people do, places they go and recipes they cook etc.  So today I was inspired to bake.  I haven't done any baking for a few weeks, been feeling under the weather, but seeing this recipe just made me want to eat them.  Thanks to a friends' (Carli) sisters blog I was inspired to bake Orange Scented Melting Moments and here's the recipe to share.  They are scrumptious.



Orange Scented Melting Moments
140g butter
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup SR flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup custard powder
2 tsp finely grated orange rind

Filling
125g cream cheese
1 cup pure icing sugar
1 tsp orange juice

Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line two baking trays with non-stick paper.
Using electric beaters, beat butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl until light and fluffy.
Stir in sifted flours, custard powder and orange rind until combined.
Roll 2 tsp of mixture into a ball and place onto prepared tray, allowing room for spreading. Repeat until all mixture is used. Flatten each one slightly with a fork.
Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden and cooked. Set aside on trays to cool.
For the filling mix all ingredients together. Spoon some of the mixture on the bases of half the biscuits. Top with another biscuit, base-side down, and sandwich together. 

1 comment:

Tobias Schwarz said...

has been a while since I stopped by and , wow the kids have grown. hope you are feeling better by now!