Thursday 27 March 2008

Book signing



Last night in a rush decision Sam & I went to Banjo Books to meet author Duncan Ball.  Duncan Ball is a childrens author who writes the Selby and Emily Eyefinger series.  Sam just started reading the Selby series and while at the library yesterday I found out that Duncan Ball was going to be at the local bookshop that night. Sam was really excited about going. 



We had an interesting time listening to him tell about his writings and characters.  The children asked  a few questions and then got to meet Duncan as he signed their books. Donald was finishing a job deadline at home and I just couldn't take Toby, so Ethan was in charge and had fun entertaining Toby at home for the next hour and a half.  He was rewarded with signed bookmarks.  I also didn't take my camera, fortunately there were friends from school who took the photo's for us.



2 comments:

Mari said...

Wonderful! This will be a fun memory for Sam. Selby rocks! :)

Carli said...

This is great! If I'd got the chance to meet one of my favourite authors when I was Sam's age I would have been so happy!