Saturday 15 March 2008

Not happy, Happy meals

Friday afternoon, Donald was in the city, Ethan at a friends, so I decided to get take away from the Golden Arches (a rare event) after picking up Ethan.  We usually only go there on our long drive up to Brisbane and Tamorth is the one we stop at.

Anyway I ordered at the drive through, the pasta animals happy meal for Ethan & Toby and Sam had a cheese burger.  We then headed back homewards to a park to enjoy the last sunshine of the day outside.  Halfway there I realised that they had forgotten to put the Happy meal toy in.  I could deal with that, dissappointed kids, life goes on...... We got to the park, put the blanket out and sat down and opened the pasta boxes.  No sauce, just dry pasta, and no little tong things to pick up the pasta with.  So I made the decision, packed everything up, grumpy kids, unhappy mum, got in the car and went back to the Golden Arches.  Well Sam & Ethan wanted to inflict all sorts of punishment for forgetting the toys and then forgetting to put the pasta sauce in. So I explained that I was going to deal with it calmly.
 

In the end, the boys all got new meals plus extra fries (with sauce, tongs & the toys) and we got a large thickshake into the bargain as well. 


We went back to the park ate the meals, (regretted having sauce, see below) but had fun at the park all the same.








No comments: