Friday 5 December 2008

Essential oils

Continuing along the theme of scents and smells from Herbs in my garden I love my essential oil collection. I did an aromatherapy course in my early 20's and today still use my oils to calm and sooth.


When I was pregnant I used to mix up my own lotions with essential oils in to rub over my growing belly.  I would take an ordinary container of sorbolene as the base, add vitamin E oil, Apricot kernal oil and then my favourite essential oils, lavender and geranium.  It was always such a soothing and calming ritual after a shower.  I still burn these oils in my oil burner when the house gets that old smell, or when I need to feel refreshed and calm.


I still have my original collection of essential oils, they've had their uses, but none so much as my lavender and geranium, or rose geranium oils.  I came across this wonderful  geranium moisturising emulsion from Perfect Potion, which is lovely to use instead of a perfume.  It's a light moisturiser with a delicious scent of lavender, geranium and cypress essential oils.
 

I used to wear perfume occasionally, more natural floral or leafy scented ones from Chanel like No.19 or Cristalle.  Ever since I was pregnant with Sam perfumes started to make me nauseous or give me a headache so I haven't worn perfume for years, they are just too stong, so I avoid the synthetic smells in preference of essential oils.  I love that Perfect Potion are organic, Australian made, don't test on animals and smell so delicious and natural.  I'll just have to add the Sooth cream to my Christmas wish list.

No comments: