Monday 22 December 2008

Temple lights and a giddy school girl





Last night we braved the masses and went to the Carols by candlelight at the Sydney temple and to see the beautiful temple lights.  We had no intentions of staying for long just to hear a few carols and walk around to see the lights.  We didn't quite realise that most of the lights get turned on half way through the carols.  At least we had our free candles they were giving out to play with and drip wax all over our clothes. So it was a waxy, late night.  




While we were sitting on our blanket we started chatting to the people sitting beside us, Carli and her clan and Michelle from Kellyville.  I told my new friend Michelle, the real reason I was here was because Graeme a finalist from "So you think you can dance, Australia", was supposed to be singing at the carols.  I'm a bit of a fan of Graeme's, he was my favourite male dancer from the show see here.  Later in the evening I saw him from a distance as my new friend Michelle pointed him out, she suggested I go over and get a photo or at least say hi, at which point I turned into a blushing, babbling giddy school girl too shy to even contemplate going up to this 20 year old dancer.  Anyway I settled myself in to listen to the carols as Donald had taken the boys for a walk to see the lights, which had been turned on by now.  Michelle came up to me dragging  a young man dressed in a light suit no taller than myself and introduced him as Graeme.  Oh my goodness, my legs turned to jelly as he offered me a hug.... a hug!!  I don't know what Michelle had whispered in his ear, but he gave ME a hug. I babbled something about thinking he was fantastic and that I'd voted for him on the show all the while blushing.  What a dag am I.  I couldn't even contemplate getting a photo with him, so sorry no proof here but the little smile that keeps appearing on my face today as I remember the flutter of my heart at my girlish crush.  To finish the evening Graeme sang "Silent night" I sat listening with a big goofy grin on my face.  Thank you Michelle (distant relative of Graemes) for making my night and making me smile.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Beautiful pictures of the temple!!! I have never seen a picture of that temple before!