Friday 19 December 2008

T'was the week before Christmas....

......when all through the house lay scattered books, artwork and stuff.  This only means one thing.......the Holidays are here and my boys are all home. 

Sam and Ethan bring so much stuff home from school at the end of each year.  I am never prepared for these things arriving home, I never have a place for them.  So they are piled up on the dining room floor until I trip over them a few more times and then I'll deal with them. It's just been a busy week.  With class parties to organize, carols and more carols, shopping to do, cards to make and post, presents to wrap and post, teachers presents to tidy up (the caterpillars found the basil and herbs we had potted up for the teachers), sharing time to prepare for Sunday church, cookies to bake.... the list goes on.  Those sweet smelling herbs are getting a workout on my back door step, particularly the soothing rose geranium....must keep my sanity....not long to go now.....

Amongst the busy week we still had some fun moments.  The boys school Christmas Carols were cancelled last Friday due to pouring rain all day, so it was changed to Tuesday of this week.  Ethan and his friend Jack, these two talk non-stop Pokemon day in day out.


We heard some Jingle Bells from Ethan's class, there was a bit of a scuffle over who got the microphone, the littlest guy won...


...but Ethan tried his hardest to have a turn.


Some Deck the Halls from Sam's class, I'm afraid the girls stole the show in front row, with Sam peeping from behind.  


I made a yummy picnic of sweetcorn, tuna potato cakes, garlic turkish bread and strawberries and cream for desert.  I will post the recipe later when I have more time.


3 comments:

Mari said...

yay!!! school holidays!!

Caroline said...

You have brave boys!! The boys at our school all stand in the back row hiding while the girls all fight for poll postion.

Roger said...

Such a busy time - but Christmas day is coming then it's all over and all worth it. All that caroling and card making and present wrapping will come together for a surprisingly peaceful and happy Christmas day.