Saturday 17 January 2009

Kerri's Baby Shower

My cousin Kerri's first baby is due next month so friends from her work threw her a baby shower today here in Sydney. Kerri's friend Ally graciously opened her beautiful home to us, right on the waterfront, with lashings of delectable delights to nibble on. So for all of you rellies who missed out on coming be prepared to feel jealous.  My cousin Lainie and my Aunt Lynne came down from Brisbane for the weekend and we got to catch up, a most enjoyable time was had by all.  From left, me, Lainie, Kerri and Lynne.  





My favourite delights were the little strawberry mousse cups with a biscuit crumb base and lovely strawberry coulis on top and the cup cakes were pretty good too.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisha, you look fabulous in that blouse. Those colours really suit you! And I can't believe the treats at the baby shower - very professional!!

Lisha said...

Why thank you for the compliment, I would love to know who you are and yes the spread at the baby shower was unbelievable.

Alan Johnson said...

I am unsure if my comments have been previously sent, so hopefully unannoyingly I will re-enter them. I went to Arizona station in 1982 and worked as a jackaroo. Richard's father, Jack picked us up in Toowoomba and we went to Arizona from there. We had come from Florida together. At the time the governess was a little outspoken, kind of like a hippy. I don't think Richard and Judy liked her at all and they could hardly tolerate her. My friend Keith and I went on a similar camp out with the Governess and the housekeeper, Fiona. I enjoyed the time on the station. I spent a lot of time on a motorcycle and injured my shoulder near the end of my stay. It hurt for a whole year. Those are quite the memories we have of that time. It almost seems like parallel memories. The youngest boy at the time was about a 2 or 3 year old nicknamed Buddha. I think they said he might be a little mentally disabled, not sure though.

Lisha said...

Hi Alan, thanks for commenting about your Arizona experiences. They were good memories for me too. When I was there all of the children had nicknames and Buddha (Liam) was 9 years old. There were two more children after him, so 7 in total, all wonderful children. It was a hard year but a good one. I don't think Judy and Richard are there any more but their oldest son Dominic is running the property now.