Saturday 10 January 2009

Second Hand books

Yesterday on our wander around the local shops waiting for haircuts, getting vitamins from the chemist, sharing an iced chocolate among 4 (two spoons and two straws it didn't last long), we stopped at the second hand book shop.  Some days I'll come out of there with nothing or maybe one book for the kids, this time I came out with a handful for $15.  I was well pleased, something for everyone and something to read while we waited up at the barber shop.  I can't wait to read "The Magic Pudding" with the boys.


Ethan has been following me around with his new favourite, "Truly Weird jokes".  After listening to ant and caterpillar jokes while I had my shower this morning I suggested he tell some to Donald, who was still in bed after a hard nights work (as well as watching old X-files episodes) He he he. Want to hear some??  What pillar doesn't hold a building up?........A caterpillar, What does a cat go to sleep on?........A caterpillar. What's green and dangerous?........A caterpillar with a hand grenade (Ethan's favourite).


Ethan has done nothing but read these holidays, Sam too, but Ethan will pour over a Pokemon Pokedex guide all day if he could or the "2008 Guiness book of Records" (thanks Desley & John).  I keep hearing of the grossest things that people do to get their name in the Guiness book of Records, squirting milk out of your eyes, stretchiest skin, most tattooed person, most swords swallowed just to name a few.  I just can't even look at the book but the boys keep finding wonderful things to share with us.  I think I prefer the joke book.

2 comments:

Roger said...

That's quite a haul for $15 - Max is mad for the Guiness Book of Records too.

Debbie said...

that's really cute of the two of them