Friday 15 February 2008

Eggs



They're round all around and they're bigger at the bottom, 
They're smaller at the top and we know we love em, 
Cause they're egg shaped and they're eggs.
Things with fins and wings and legs
Lay Eggs!



Just a little Playschool song that came to mind as Toby & I went to the chicken farm today.  About once a month we go and get some free range eggs for ourselves and for friends from church.  Toby loves to see the chickens, he thinks they're funny and he says "they might get me".  He's very careful not to chase them though.



There is a very old retired tractor there that Toby loves to sit on, which I think is the main attraction for Toby, although he does love the chickens. Sam & Ethan get very annoyed when Toby & I go to the chicken farm, because they have never been and would love to come with us.  They really want to go and Ethan tells me he's never seen the chicken farm, so I told him I would take photo's this time.......he still wasn't satisfied.  Maybe next time we'll go on a Saturday!


1 comment:

Roger said...

So - am very impressed that you (a) thought about Valentine's Day and (b) made biscuits! Toby looks like such a farm kid - Louisa is getting minature goats soon and we plan to replenish our chook supply at the same time - so next time you're up you'll have to come out for Toby to play with everything.