Sunday 24 February 2008

Sunday afternoon



It was such a beautiful day today cool inside the house and warm outside.  The air is dry and the nights are cooler, Autumn is on it's way, yay!  Playing in the garden is alot more enjoyable.  So I took the boys and my book out into the back yard.
  

Everyone seemed to want my book or at least to distract me from it.  I'm reading the second book in His Dark Materials trilogy (better known as the Golden Compass), The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman.  We never got to see the movie but the boys and I read a mini chapter book from a cereal box called Iorek Byrnison, the bear from the book, and have been hooked ever since.



Meanwhile Sam & Toby played on the trampoline and Ethan was learning how to use our camera.  Then they swapped and Sam learned how to use the camera.  They both seemed to have a good eye and centred their photos well.  The picture of me above, Ethan took.  I don't usually like many pictures of me but this one I liked.  He also took the one below.  Not bad hey?


2 comments:

Mari said...

good job, Ethan..... not even slightly fuzzy around the edges!

Roger said...

How great are Sunday afternoons! And how great are digital cameras - good photos too. Roger, Jesse and Peet liked the His Dark Materials trilogy - not really my favourite genre though.