Monday 25 February 2008

New Calling

I have been given a new calling at church, I am the first councellor in the Primary Presidency.  I get to help run the primary sunday school classes with the childrens lovely new Primary President, Stacy.  

For those of you who don't know, our church runs through each member being called by the bishop to do a certain job or calling.  We are given the materials or texts necessary to teach the church doctorine and this service we do unpaid.  I'm excited as I've only taught in the 3year olds class in Canada a long time ago, and now I get to particitpate with all of the different age groups.  I also get to keep an eye on the boys :+]  The Primary teachers are all wonderful how they help our children grow spiritually. Previously I was the secretary for the Relief Society, the womens group in our church, which focuses on the spiritual & social welfare of all women in our ward.  

3 comments:

Mari said...

we're missing you in RS already! :(
But..... I am glad that our children are going to be in such good hands!!

Roger said...

Congratulations! Never seems quite the right word but you understand the sentiment I'm sure.

Stacy said...

So happy to have you on board!!!